Las Vegas Bariatrics Blog
Dr. Hanna & Las Vegas Bariatrics has redefined surgical weight loss by emphasizing nutrition, fitness & group support before as well as after surgery.
Wondering if Weight Loss Surgery is for you?
When deciding if Weight Loss Surgery is right for you and which Bariatric surgical procedures work for you. Weight loss surgery causes weight loss by restricting the amount of food the stomach can hold, causing malabsorption of nutrients, or by a combination of both gastric restriction and malabsorption. Most weight loss surgeries today are performed using minimally invasive techniques (laparoscopic surgery).
The most common bariatric surgery procedures are gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, adjustable gastric band, and biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch. Each surgery has its own advantages.
You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery if:
• You’re an obese adult, especially if you have a weight-related condition, such as type 2 diabetes.
• You do your research to know the risks and benefits.
• You’re ready to adjust how you eat after the surgery.
• You’re committed to making lifestyle changes to keep the weight off.
• You understand surgery is not a quick fix and will take consistent effort.
You may be a candidate if you are extremely obese, with a body mass index (BMI) of at least 30, and with a weight-related condition.
If you’re considering weight loss surgery in Las Vegas, Contact Las Vegas Bariatrics for a weight loss consultation to get you started on your weight loss journey today!